It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A new realm of possibilities is waiting for you.

The Witcher 3 REDkit is coming soon to GOG! It’s a modding tool from CD PROJEKT RED and Yigsoft that allows you to customize and expand The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in ways never seen before.

This powerful tool will offer you advanced features and unparalleled flexibility, enabling you to unleash your creativity by crafting new quests, characters, animations, and more. Whether you're a seasoned developer or just starting out, the exciting opportunities for creation offered by The Witcher 3 REDkit are limited only by your imagination.

Check out what possibilities await you and grab The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to prepare for your modding adventure.
Breja: You're contradicting yourself...
I agree with you. It is a contradiction and it is an over reaction about some cosmetic items the massive game didn't need in the first place.

I'm 95% sure the reason for the contradiction is that the person is simply lying. They still use GOG. They still will likely buy the new CDPR games when they release because they are high quality and they are DRM free.

But they'll claim otherwise in an impotent attempt to express their rage over bonus items they probably would never even use.
Post edited May 08, 2024 by EverNightX
EverNightX: and it is an over reaction about some cosmetic items the massive game didn't need in the first place.
DRM is DRM, regardless of what content it's applied to. I fully agree with MarkoH01 that CDPR was entirely in the wrong in that case. I just also think that "excommunicating" them because of it is not just an overreaction, but is plainly counterproductive, in the way I already described.
high rated
Breja: DRM is DRM, regardless of what content it's applied to. I fully agree with MarkoH01 that CDPR was entirely in the wrong in that case. I just also think that "excommunicating" them because of it is not just an overreaction, but is plainly counterproductive, in the way I already described.
It is not counterproductive to actively criticise CPPR for adopting DRM nor is it an overreaction to post on these forums that CDPR have completely lost their way on DRM, backtracked on pre-order promises and retroactively added DRM mechanisms to existing games.

These are issues that have been discussed at huge length on these forums and many are just not going to give CDPR another chance. Surely you are aware of this.

Also, if you are OK with DRM under certain circumstances, it is OK to admit it. No one will hold it against you.
lazydog: It is not counterproductive to actively criticise CPPR for adopting DRM
I never said nor implied that it is.

lazydog: nor is it an overreaction to post on these forums that CDPR have completely lost their way on DRM, backtracked on pre-order promises and retroactively added DRM mechanisms to existing games.
See above.

lazydog: Also, if you are OK with DRM under certain circumstances, it is OK to admit it. No one will hold it against you.
I'm not. It boggles my mind how you'd arrive at this conclusion. How do you get "ah, so you're ok with DRM" from me saying "I'm willing to buy their future games if they are DRM free"?

Is what I'm saying really that hard to get? I have put it as plainy as possible. If we all followed your and MarkoH01 logic, if all the "anti-DRM crowd" should be lost to CDPR forever now because of what they did in the past, what incentive do they have to be anti-DRM in the future? Why cater to customers who are not and will not be your customers? If we all do as you do, then we are no longer part of the conversation. We will get nothing. Expressing outrage on the forum is irrelevant without either the threat of losing our patronage, or the promise of future patronage behind it. If your business is already lost to CDP and never coming back, then you've made yourself a non-factor to them. I don't know how to make this simple, obvious truth any clearer.

Plus, as stated already, if you're still buying games here, then you are still making business with CD Project. You are on one hand taking an extremely dogmatic stance where past infractions mean eternal condemnation regardless of future conduct, and at the same time you fail to actually follow through on your boycott.
Post edited May 09, 2024 by Breja
high rated
lazydog: It is not counterproductive to actively criticise CPPR for adopting DRM
Breja: I never said nor implied that it is.

lazydog: nor is it an overreaction to post on these forums that CDPR have completely lost their way on DRM, backtracked on pre-order promises and retroactively added DRM mechanisms to existing games.
Breja: See above.

lazydog: Also, if you are OK with DRM under certain circumstances, it is OK to admit it. No one will hold it against you.
Breja: I'm not. It boggles my mind how you'd arrive at this conclusion. How do you get "ah, so you're ok with DRM" from me saying "I'm willing to buy their future games if they are DRM free"?

Is what I'm saying really that hard to get? I have put it as plainy as possible. If we all followed your and MarkoH01 logic, if all the "anti-DRM crowd" should be lost to CDPR forever now because of what they did in the past, what incentive do they have to be anti-DRM in the future? Why cater to customers who are not and will not be your customers? If we all do as you do, then we are no longer part of the conversation. We will get nothing. Expressing outrage on the forum is irrelevant without either the threat of losing our patronage, or the promise of future patronage behind it. If your business is already lost to CDP and never coming back, then you've made yourself a non-factor to them. I don't know how to make this simple, obvious truth any clearer.

Plus, as stated already, if you're still buying games here, then you are still making business with CD Project. You are on one hand taking an extremely dogmatic stance where past infractions mean eternal condemnation regardless of future conduct, and at the same time you fail to actually follow through on your boycott.
I disagree with what you have said and I disagree with what you are now saying you didn't say.

Legitimate issues with CDPR practicing DRM are absolutely open for discussion on these forums whether you purchase games from the gog store or not. How the hell else are people who are pissed off with CDPR supposed to communicate their dissatisfaction?

As you are a self proclaimed DRM free hard-liner, how would you suggest we reward CDPRs choice to embrace DRM? It seems to me that you advocate we continue to suck it up and not complain, especially if we use the store and fingers crossed, hope for the best.

Not complaining is as good as acceptance, whether you like it or not.
lazydog: I disagree with what you have said and I disagree with what you are now saying you didn't say.
This is rapidly becoming a scene from some Leslie Nielsen comedy.

lazydog: Legitimate issues with CDPR practicing DRM are absolutely open for discussion on these forums whether you purchase games from the gog store or not. How the hell else are people who are pissed off with CDPR supposed to communicate their dissatisfaction?
You can discuss whatever you like. But if you are not, and have decreed you never again will be their customer, why should anyone care about your dissatisfaction? I'm sorry, but that's how business works. There is no point in trying to adress dissatisfaction of a person determined to never again do business with you. It would be like trying to heal a dead person.

lazydog: As you are a self proclaimed DRM free hard-liner, how would you suggest we reward CDPRs choice to embrace DRM?
By not buying DRMed products and buying DRM-free products. It seems pretty simple and logical to me, but apparently there's some tremendous barrier to understanding that idea.

lazydog: It seems to me that you advocate we continue to suck it up and not complain, especially if we use the store and fingers crossed, hope for the best.

Not complaining is as good as acceptance, whether you like it or not.
I don't think there's anything more I can do about it seeming to you that I am saying things that I am very clearly not saying.
high rated
MarkoH01: Getting it wrong in the past AND refusing to make it better when they had the chance. They decided and I did as well. If you want to protect them - go ahead.
Breja: "Protect?" What are you on about?

MarkoH01: I've made my peace and CDPR does not exist for me anymore.
Breja: Funny, it seems you're still here, using their store...
A bit late to the thread, but I thought I'd start here as things seem strange. Don't have a lot of time but I do lurk around. This last statement very much seems in the style of trolls who are really saying "go away if you don't like it" instead of being more constructive, which looking more closely, seems to be what you want but don't seem to be doing. More below.

MarkoH01: Is it fun making such stupid remarks instead of accepting arguments that are proven facts? In any case for me the discussion with you ha become a waste of time ... so please continue without me.
Breja: I don't know why you're so angry and unpleasant.

you're being insulting for no reason, you have not refuted sensibly a single thing I said, and now you're throwing a tantrum and running away.

I really don't know what happened to you, you used to seem like such a sensible person.
You know, this isn't something I would usually say out loud, but for demonstration purposes, I have to say I was thinking this very thing about you. You're usually someone I agree with. You do tend to have a bit of a rude and edgy (insulting) style so don't be surprised when it annoys people and they don't want to go in circles with you when you continue to make light of their stance and opinions and are just plain rude and don't give the impression that you want to understand anything. I highly doubt MarkoH01 would run away, lol.

Breja: I never said nor implied that it is.

Breja: See above.

Breja: I'm not. It boggles my mind how you'd arrive at this conclusion. How do you get "ah, so you're ok with DRM" from me saying "I'm willing to buy their future games if they are DRM free"?
Yes, and at the same time you DO give the impression that YOU are contradicting yourself in the way you've been rude and insulting about it. To be clear, I said IMPRESSION of contradicting yourself.

Breja: Is what I'm saying really that hard to get? I have put it as plainy as possible. If we all followed your and MarkoH01 logic, if all the "anti-DRM crowd" should be lost to CDPR forever now because of what they did in the past, what incentive do they have to be anti-DRM in the future? Why cater to customers who are not and will not be your customers? If we all do as you do, then we are no longer part of the conversation. We will get nothing. Expressing outrage on the forum is irrelevant without either the threat of losing our patronage, or the promise of future patronage behind it. If your business is already lost to CDP and never coming back, then you've made yourself a non-factor to them. I don't know how to make this simple, obvious truth any clearer.

Now, it seems like a fair bit of miscommunication, but to be fair, your rude manner didn't help and created more of the same. Sorry for quoting so much, but it all appeared very rude.

I can only speak for myself and guess it's more or less the same for others, but I WILL stick around to attempt to course correct GOG whether or not I'm buying *anything* from here or just staying away form DRMed titles, meaning CDPR from CP2077 on. The fact that CDPR was once all for DRM free and not only have they added and left DRM in CP2077 for this long, but retroactively added it to Witcher 3 does not bode well for future releases or remasters.

You say you'll buy non DRMed stuff from them, but do you really imagine they are going to change back to DRM free with future releases and fix the DRMed ones without being absolutely clear that we will NOT put up with it? As they say, those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it and MarcoH01, a big name here, sees that, as do I and others.

The idea of voting with your wallet is the best thing to do, but if you don't say you're doing that, how will they know and how will others be informed? This whole thing with CDPR and GOG is sad, a slippery slope and the idea that we're gone and hate them forever, as you say, is a misconception. We will NOT buy CDPR, maybe even from GOG UNTIL this mess is fixed. You talk of incentive and there you go. Anger customers and we vote withour wallets and speak up until we see there is no hope left at all.

Anyway,

The last full archive of GOG's, now removed, FCK DRM page: https://web.archive.org/web/20201225003258/fckdrm.com/

Wishlist entries for removing DRM from Withcer 3 and CP2077:

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/witcher_3_remove_drm

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/cyberpunk_2077_drm_free_version
Of all people Breja is called a DRM supporter and now even a troll. Insane.

WOW!
Cool if it helps sell more copies which helps GOG get some more money here to help them get more games here via "minimum guarantees", hiring more staff, etc. :P

Otherwise a "fine but meh" from me.
Breja: "Protect?" What are you on about?

Funny, it seems you're still here, using their store...
plan99: A bit late to the thread, but I thought I'd start here as things seem strange. Don't have a lot of time but I do lurk around. This last statement very much seems in the style of trolls who are really saying "go away if you don't like it" instead of being more constructive,
That's absolutely not what I was saying. What I was sying was "either put your money where your mouth is, or get off your high horse". As I explained already multiple times, on the one hand he is dogmatically stating he will never give money to CD Project ever again, on the other he is still making purchases here - giving money to them every time. Is pointing out obvious hypocrisy "trolling" now?

plan99: You do tend to have a bit of a rude and edgy (insulting) style so don't be surprised when it annoys people and they don't want to go in circles with you when you continue to make light of their stance and opinions and are just plain rude and don't give the impression that you want to understand anything. I highly doubt MarkoH01 would run away, lol.
I have not made "light" of anything, I have plainly stated some very simple and logical arguments, and done so repeatedly in what I thought was a patient and civil manner. I honestly don't know how or at which point I was rude. It was definitely not my intention.

plan99: Yes, and at the same time you DO give the impression that YOU are contradicting yourself in the way you've been rude and insulting about it. To be clear, I said IMPRESSION of contradicting yourself.
I have not contradicted myself, nor given any impression of that. I'm sorry, but if that's the impression you get, that's entirely on you.

Breja: Is what I'm saying really that hard to get? I have put it as plainy as possible. If we all followed your and MarkoH01 logic, if all the "anti-DRM crowd" should be lost to CDPR forever now because of what they did in the past, what incentive do they have to be anti-DRM in the future? Why cater to customers who are not and will not be your customers? If we all do as you do, then we are no longer part of the conversation. We will get nothing. Expressing outrage on the forum is irrelevant without either the threat of losing our patronage, or the promise of future patronage behind it. If your business is already lost to CDP and never coming back, then you've made yourself a non-factor to them. I don't know how to make this simple, obvious truth any clearer.

plan99: Now, it seems like a fair bit of miscommunication, but to be fair, your rude manner didn't help and created more of the same. Sorry for quoting so much, but it all appeared very rude.
I have no idea where and how any of that was rude. I'm genuinely puzzled. There are no insults there, no ad personam, just simple logic and facts.

plan99: You say you'll buy non DRMed stuff from them, but do you really imagine they are going to change back to DRM free with future releases and fix the DRMed ones without being absolutely clear that we will NOT put up with it? As they say, those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it and MarcoH01, a big name here, sees that, as do I and others.
I have been as clear as anyone, in fact clearer than most, in my repeated criticism of GOG/CDPR whenever any instance of DRM happened, and made the fact I will never buy a DRMed product from them as blatantly clear as possible.

plan99: The idea of voting with your wallet is the best thing to do, but if you don't say you're doing that, how will they know and how will others be informed?
But that is not what MarcoH01 and the others are doing. What I'm doing is voting with my wallet. If you don't buy anything regardless of DRM, you're not voting, you're staying at home on election day. And promising you'll never vote again. Which is your right, it's a perfectly ok decision to make, no one is obligated to do anything. Just don't be in denial over what you're actually doing.

I have explained this many times by now, and still no one even tried to actually refute that, just accused me of being rude or supporting DRM.

Edit: spelling
Breja: ...
You can't rationalize with a toddler. You are smarter than the people you are "arguing" with. They won't get it no matter how it's presented to them. It's a waste of time.
plan99: A bit late to the thread, but I thought I'd start here as things seem strange. Don't have a lot of time but I do lurk around. This last statement very much seems in the style of trolls who are really saying "go away if you don't like it" instead of being more constructive,
Breja: That's absolutely not what I was saying. What I was sying was "either put your money where your mouth is, or get off your high horse". As I explained already multiple times, on the one hand he is dogmatically stating he will never give money to CD Project ever again, on the other he is still making purchases here - giving money to them every time. Is pointing out obvious hypocrisy "trolling" now?

plan99: You do tend to have a bit of a rude and edgy (insulting) style so don't be surprised when it annoys people and they don't want to go in circles with you when you continue to make light of their stance and opinions and are just plain rude and don't give the impression that you want to understand anything. I highly doubt MarkoH01 would run away, lol.
Breja: I have not made "light" of anything, I have plainly stated some very simple and logical arguments, and done so repeatedly in what I thought was a patient and civil manner. I honestly don't know how or at which point I was rude. It was definitely not my intention.

plan99: Yes, and at the same time you DO give the impression that YOU are contradicting yourself in the way you've been rude and insulting about it. To be clear, I said IMPRESSION of contradicting yourself.
Breja: I have not contradicted myself, nor given any impression of that. I'm sorry, but if that's the impression you get, that's entirely on you.

plan99: Now, it seems like a fair bit of miscommunication, but to be fair, your rude manner didn't help and created more of the same. Sorry for quoting so much, but it all appeared very rude.
Breja: I have no idea where and how any of that was rude. I'm genuinely puzzled. There are no insults there, no ad personam, just simple logic and facts.

plan99: You say you'll buy non DRMed stuff from them, but do you really imagine they are going to change back to DRM free with future releases and fix the DRMed ones without being absolutely clear that we will NOT put up with it? As they say, those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it and MarcoH01, a big name here, sees that, as do I and others.
Breja: I have been as clear as anyone, in fact clearer than most, in my repeated criticism of GOG/CDPR whenever any instance of DRM happened, and made the fact I will never buy a DRMed product from them as blatantly clear as possible.

plan99: The idea of voting with your wallet is the best thing to do, but if you don't say you're doing that, how will they know and how will others be informed?
Breja: But that is not what MarcoH01 and the others are doing. What I'm doing is voting with my wallet. If you don't buy anything regardless of DRM, you're not voting, you're staying at home on election day. And promising you'll never vote again. Which is your right, it's a perfectly ok decision to make, no one is obligated to do anything. Just don't be in denial over what you're actually doing.

I have explained this many times by now, and still no one even tried to actually refute that, just accused me of being rude or supporting DRM.

Edit: spelling
It's interesting how you chose to *completely* ignore the part of my reply that talked of misunderstanding. I made both that and your rude behavior clear. You speak of being clear, and in a sense you are, but in another sense you can't be clear when you are claiming things said that weren't.

I, clearly, said you gave the IMPRESSION of things. When others rudely reply back to your rude posts and responses, it's because rude begets rude, like begets like. You may see my replies being rude to you, but I'm attempting to be as polite as possible in the face of rude behavior and someone I generally respect in these forums misunderstanding things and even putting words in peoples' mouths.

You HAVE made light and been rude whether it seems that way to you or not, as well as claiming things that weren't said. Not to spend much time, I'll give one more example. "This is rapidly becoming a scene from some Leslie Nielsen comedy." As witty as that sounds, it's almost guaranteed to come back with an angry/rude response. Can YOU not see that?

As for your claims that anyone said they would NEVER buy from GOG or CDPR again, I don't see it. I do see cases where the meaning is unclear, but mostly I see it as not buying CDPR games and that only for as long as they continue to push out DRM games. I don't believe anyone has claimed they'll quit FOREVER as you claim, but it also doesn't appear that CDPR will be changing their ways any time soon. Therefore, voting with your wallet as you, I and others are and making the "why" clear is what we ARE doing. You just choose to belittle those who are on the same side as you when you don't understand the stance and prefer to joke around in a way that APPEARS to be insulting.
plan99: I don't believe anyone has claimed they'll quit FOREVER as you claim, but it also doesn't appear that CDPR will be changing their ways any time soon.
I don't know about "forever" but I haven't purchased from here in a long time; without looking it up, probably over a year. Very disillusioned at the direction this store went with all the focus on Galaxy, streaming, etc. I don't see how they can win me back barring a massive course correction and addressing existing issues with what I would call the "DRMification" of this store. I'm not gonna bother with REDkit because I am already not bothering with the "new and improved" Witcher 3. Thankfully I have my offline installer I had purchased prior to the "new and improved" update.
Breja: That's absolutely not what I was saying. ....
I am late to the party, but what you have said in your last few posts makes perfect sense to me, and quite logical.

Like you no doubt, I am just not getting why they aren't understanding.
It is like the blinkers have come down and they are now refusing to listen to reason

And I say all that, as someone who has often been at loggerheads with you in the past.

What a turn around hey. LOL

I also say all that, as a person who has been seriously pissed at GOG on occasion.
I've avoided boycotts and avoided spitting the dummy and refusing to buy from GOG anymore, because logic tells me the only loser will be me ultimately.

I do, like you suggest, limit what I buy here now. That said, I still kind of buy a good amount on a regular basis.
I buy with my eyes wide open though.

It is true, that we can't have everything our own way, so some compromise has to occur.
And right now, there is no other GOG, and GOG need support to survive.
We lose them and the DRM-Free movement, for all intents and purposes, is dead in the water.

And like you, I am not advocating that customers don't air their grievance with GOG here.
They just need to be rational and sensible about it ... and too many aren't, just get carried away by their emotions etc.
plan99: Not to spend much time, I'll give one more example. "This is rapidly becoming a scene from some Leslie Nielsen comedy." As witty as that sounds, it's almost guaranteed to come back with an angry/rude response. Can YOU not see that?
Honestly no, I don't. It was a humous reply to a pretty bizarre statement, meant to draw attention to how ridiculous it was without saying something actually blatantly impolite. I guess almost everything can be (mis)interpreted as such, but I refuse to feel responsible for that, if my "crime" is to have cracked a joke after having patiently explained my position multiple times already.

Beyond that, your post is really pretty much all talk of impressions and people probably meaning different things than what they appear to be saying, and to be honest I don't see much point in debating with person C what person B meant, when person B had every opportunity to correct me on what they meant had I misunderstood them.

It's all becoming some meta-argument at this point that I don't see much point too. I said, and then repeatedly restated, everything I had to say here, and I've nothing to add.

Breja: That's absolutely not what I was saying. ....
Timboli: I am late to the party, but what you have said in your last few posts makes perfect sense to me, and quite logical.

Like you no doubt, I am just not getting why they aren't understanding.
It is like the blinkers have come down and they are now refusing to listen to reason

And I say all that, as someone who has often been at loggerheads with you in the past.

What a turn around hey. LOL
Unexpected indeed, but much appreciated. I think it's important for people to find things they agree on despite previous squabbles, and to show such agreement rather than possibly hide it because of some grudge.
Post edited May 10, 2024 by Breja